Saturday, February 18, 2012

What's the good Book in the Bible (as a Christian) to read first?

Im 14 and just commited my life to god. And ive closed my opening the bible at random then pointing my finger at a chapter and reading it. But sometimes I get confused cuz its at random and I dont understand sometimes. I've been reading 1 to 2 chapters a day is that enough?What's the good Book in the Bible (as a Christian) to read first?
King James Version Bible





Revelation Chapter 22



14. Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.





Galatians Chapter 5



19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,



20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,



21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.





Ecclesiastes Chapter 12



13. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.





Matthew Chapter 22



37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.



38. This is the first and great commandment.



39. And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.





John Chapter 13



34. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.





1 Timothy Chapter 1



5. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and [of] a good conscience, and [of] faith unfeigned:





Matthew Chapter 5



8. Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God.





Colossians Chapter 3



17. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.





Galatians Chapter 6



14. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.





John Chapter 13



35. By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.





John Chapter 10



23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.



30. I and [my] Father are one.





John Chapter 14



15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.





Psalms Chapter 18



2. The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower.





1 Timothy Chapter 2



5. For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;



6. Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.





John Chapter 15



13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.



14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.





John Chapter 14



23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.





John Chapter 15



12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.





1 John Chapter 4



11. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.





John Chapter 15



9. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.



10. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.



11. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full.





Matthew Chapter 10



40. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.





John Chapter 14



27. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.





Matthew Chapter 28



20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.





John Chapter 8



31. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;



32. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
I'm glad you're reading a chapter at a time, not just random verses :) A lot of people forget the context. One or two chapters a day is fine, if that's what feel comfortable and absorbable to you.

Random reading is going to be hard, though. Given you chose random reading, you might want to have two books on the go at once. So, maybe start with Mark (the oldest Gospel) and Genesis, and read a chapter or so from each of those every day. When you finish Mark, move on to Luke; when you finish Genesis move on to Exodus.

After Luke, I'd read Acts (by the same author, follows on), the John (harder to understand, but important) and Matthew (a lot like Mark). Then move on to the various Epistles (Letters).

After Exodus, I'd read Psalms, then Ecclesiastes, then generally just choose a book. Job is good, the books of Samuel and Kings are good, Proverbs is very readable and I know a lot of people get more out of it than I do. Isaiah is a really important prophet to read, when you've read enough of the rest of the Bible for context, although you need a nice clear translation to get through. Other than that, the other prophets are good, although generally less important. You'll probably read Leviticus and Deuteronomy eventually, but try to make sure you've read plenty of other bits first, especially the New Testament, especially the Gospels.

Good luck!What's the good Book in the Bible (as a Christian) to read first?
Genesis and then read it through. 1 to 2 chapters a day is good, but in the old testament the chapters get long so pace yourself. You can read it through in a year if you read 10 verses in the new and old testament twice a day.
Read the amount your comfortable with - there is no rule! By comfortable I mean, what you can digest - what you can understand. If you read a verse and don't understand it (or even when you think you do), get a good commentary and see what commentators think. There are many good commentaries, John MacArthur has some really good stuff. The ESV has a good commentary Bible. Sometimes it helps to read what different commentaries say.

It helps to understand about the book - when it was written, to whom, why, year, who was king or what was going on at the time the book was written, who was the author - all books of the Bible are inspired by the Holy Spirit but penned by man. Was the author a king, a prophet or a fisherman - the Bible is awesome in that it was written by men from many different backgrounds yet they all have that scarlet thread running through them - Jesus! Yes, the Old Testament speaks about the Savior to come.



The Gospel of John is a great book to read start to finish - it is all about Jesus Christ and His ministry on earth, His Divinity and His love for us.What's the good Book in the Bible (as a Christian) to read first?
I started at John, then read the book of Revelations, and then the book of Psalms, Proverbs and Ephesians :) I gave my life to Jesus last year and haven't looked back. I don't think it matters how much you're reading a day, just as long as you're reading it and its sinking it :)
alll the books are good enough to read "first"



i like revelation matthew and john and luke



but i might suggest that Eusebious and Enoch are just as good.

the apocrypha and the book of mormon are better or equal, just as much
http://www.christianitytoday.com/iyf/hot鈥?/a>



you might want to buy a devotional book or there might be some free ones at your church.
start with Revelations then go to Genesis. It gives you a better understanding.
Why not start at the beginning?
the part where george bush became president
The part where he KILLS PEOPLE %26gt; : )
  • shop bop
  • jayco
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment