Saturday, February 18, 2012

I am 13 and looking for a good Christian book to read?

Ok, so I am 13 years old and I love reading. I have been a Christian my whole life but I want a really good book to read. I read five grades above my grade(7th) so I can read harder books. I also read fast so a long or short book would not make a difference. I would really like a book that follows a good story line that most people can relate to. I like books that you learn from, so I would like a book that teaches about faith to God. Thank you in advance. God Bless %26lt;3I am 13 and looking for a good Christian book to read?
Well Ted Dekker is pretty good, but he writes a lot of strange and sometimes psychological things. They always involve God, but on more of a supernatural level. He's one of the few authors that have been able to mix Christian fiction with supernatural things. I don't really think he's what you're looking for but maybe if you feel like experimenting he's worth checking out. Frank Peretti is a little of the same way, though he writes some really cute children christian fiction if you ever feel like not getting challenged. But like I said, I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, just had to put it out there.



Angela Hunt writes some really beautiful things too. My favorite by her was Unspoken, and it was amazing, really sweet, and a little sad, all wrapped together. I really recommend it to all christian fiction readers.



Anyways, I think the author that sounds most like you are looking for is Francine Rivers. Everyone who considers themselves well read Christian fiction reader should read her books. Her Voice in the Wind series was probably the most moving books I have ever read in my life and I think my life may've even changed a little after I read it. I don't know if it's something most people can relate to or not since it's set in the past, but it is such a good read and the main girl character's faith is completely unbelievable. It seriously is amazing.



Hope that helped a little XD
the left behind seriesI am 13 and looking for a good Christian book to read?
Hind's Feet on High Places



Enjoy!

~Dr. B.~
you read the whole bible? try to read it more and focu s on the "other book" aspect of it. You'll see what I mean as you go along. Don't feel like you can't retrieve what the lord says in his teachings. It's really all one big cycle and you need to prevent that and keep your faith closer to thte heart. Good luck and enjoy!!I am 13 and looking for a good Christian book to read?
check out the topsy turvey kingdom.. make ur own adventure kind of books.. i think u will enjoy them :-) best of luck. i read them myself
Try reading

Pilgrims Progress -by John Bunyan

In His Steps -by Charles Sheldon

And any Ted Decker books.
She's very old fashioned and mostly out of print, but if you can find books by Grace Livingston Hill, I think you would enjoy them. I know I did when I was your age. Louisa May Alcott is another good author. She wrote Little Women and several other novels that are still popular. The Narnia series is good if you enjoy fantasy. Jeannette Oke is a contemporary Christian writer. She writes Christian romance. George MacDonald was a 19th-centure Scottish writer. His books are back in print.



All these books have a strong Christian center, and they also have very good stories.
i reccomend Bless Me, Ultima. its a story about a boy who is supposed to become a priest
If you would like to read some Christian themed fiction, I strongly recommend:



'The Red Keep' by Allen French

'The Bronze Bow' by Elizabeth George Speare

'The Chronicles of Narnia' by C.S. Lewis

'The Lord of the Rings' by J.R.R. Tolkien



All of these have strong Christian themes that make them very enjoyable to read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment