Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Count Your Blessings" a Christian book?

Recently, I have purchased the above-mentioned book in a local bookstore. I am inspired by the stories that are in the book.



However, my mom and step-dad (who are not Christians) have criticized the book, stating that it's mainly "a book intended for Christian readers only" because "the book/stories in it has Christian contexts/references" [sic]. They also made a claim that in the "CSS" logo, the "C" is the word "Christian" (which was later proven wrong by me. It's actually "Chicken").



I believe that anyone, regardless of race, gender or religion can read this book. The book normally isn't restricted to the context of religion or race. The short stories in the book are, in my opinion, for motivation or reflection purposes only.



So, I need your help. Is "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Count Your Blessings" a Christian book?

Please state your sources for your answer, if possible :)



P.S. I am not a Christian, so please don't mock me. If you do, you will be reported for abuse.Is "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Count Your Blessings" a Christian book?
I guess not. It's about being grateful and optimistic.

Summary of the book:

http://www.chickensoup.com/cs.asp?cid=ne鈥?/a>Is "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Count Your Blessings" a Christian book?
Christian book or not (and I think not), that's a self-help book, isn't it?



That was a waste of your money...

No comments:

Post a Comment