Saturday, February 18, 2012

Looking for a christian book on grieving?

I just lost my mom to a short but very hard battle with cancer. I am 22 years old and I feel so lost without her and I have breakdowns constantly and withdrawn from just about everything. She was my best friend, I called her over 5 times every single day on days I wasn't around her, and when she got diagnosed all we did was fight because I wanted her to have more hope (she's a realist). I'm looking for a good CHRISTIAN book on grieving. Or anything that someone could suggest by just knowing what I have said here. I just NEED to know she is in heaven and that it truly does exist (I am a believer, but I'm in so much pain/hurt right now I can't help but really wonder). Almost like I need some sort of reassurance. If anyone knows or anything or could suggest something I'd appreciate it.Looking for a christian book on grieving?
"Grieving the Loss of Someone You Love: Daily Meditations to Help You Through the Grieving Process" by Raymond Mitsch and Lynn Brookside



"Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul: Stories About Life, Death and Overcoming the Loss of a Loved One" by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen



"Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations for Working Through Grief" by Martha Whitmore



"God Knows You're Grieving: Things to Do to Help You Through" by Joan Guntzelman



"Letter to a Grieving Heart: Comfort and Hope for Those Who Hurt" by Billy Sprague



"Confessions of a Grieving Christian" by Zig Ziglar



"May You Find Comfort: A Blessing for Times of Grieving" by Joyce Rupp



"Grieving God's Way" by Margaret Brownley



"Grieving With the Help of Your Catholic Faith" by Lorene Hanley Duquin



"Grieving the Death of a Mother" by Harold Ivan Smith
I am sorry for your loss:(

Remember this; God loves your mom more than anyone else does.

I suggest the book, "When Bad Things Happen to Good People"- I can't recall the author but it is a fantastic book. Hang in there my friend.



PS. the book is written by a believer, I just cannot remember his nameLooking for a christian book on grieving?
Sorry about your loss

I read a book called "Where is God When it Hurts?" A really good inspirational book.
im truly sorry for your loss. losing a mother, at any age, is truly tragic. my beloved gran has dementia, and i too wonder 'why did god do this?' but we must prove strong in the face of tragedy to fully understand god. your mum is at peace now, her battle is over and she is in eternal rest.



Safe in the Arms of God by John F. MacArthur



Death and the Life After by Billy Graham



these books may help you, billy graham is especially inspirational and a truly dedicated man of God.

remember you are never alone as a christian. you will always have family, whether your blood family are gone or not, your christian family knows no bounds, it is always expanding.Looking for a christian book on grieving?
I dont know of any books, but i do know this.

The Lord would never put something on someone they cant handle. Shes happier now, shes singing with the angels, and we cant be selfish wanting her to be back with us because all you want her to be is happy right? I know this is hard, but hang in there my friend. We are sisters in Christ, and i will pray for you.
I'm am very sorry for your loss. The Bible promises that when Christian die, they are present with the Lord. II Cor. 5. Try to find a grief support group. There are many churches that offer the Griefshare program. You can also sign up for daily encouraging emails on their website. There's also a book based on the emails called: Through a Season of Grief. The program helped me when my parents passed away. You might also like Heaven by Joni Tada., Heaven by Anne Graham Lotz
  • lund boats
  • pearson prentice hall
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment