Saturday, February 18, 2012

I have a very old Christian Book from Bornholm, & wonder if anyone knows anything about it?

I have this very old Christian book from 1895...I thought it was German but my nephew, who speaks german tells me....well this is what he wrote in an email: "Well, its not German but close. Norwegian (or Dutch; kinda the same thing) The best I could come up with was this

Kristleig Bornetidende ="Christian (borne) Journal " =the born , i think makes sense when you understand the bornholm at the bottom of the page is the location it was published.

Udgivet af ="Published by"

"CHR. Moller"= Publisher



Tyvende AArgan="20th Edition"

Ronne= a municipality in Denmark

Bornholm= an island of Denmark

Bogtrykerri= Trykerri is a printer and Bog seems to be the type of printer.

"Bornholm's Tidende Bogtrykerri (M.M Schmidt)= Bornholm's official Journal Printer/publisher M.M. Schmidt."



I completely hit a dead end everytime I try to find anything..Anyone know anything??? ThanksI have a very old Christian Book from Bornholm, %26amp; wonder if anyone knows anything about it?
I don't really understand the question, can you rephrase it? You could also send me a mail through my profile page if you needed more translation.



Bogtrykerri = a place where they print books. Bog = books. Trykkeri = printing office.



So Bornholm's Tidende Bogtrykerri would be the printer office where they printed Bornholm's Tidende (which is a newspaper ("Bornholm times")).



Kristleig Bornetidende is probably spelled 'Kristelig [Christian] Bornetidende'. Also probably a newspaper, in English, Christian Borne Times.



Norwegian and Dutch is far from the same thing. German is a lot closer to Dutch than it is Norwegian. I'm a native Norwegian speaker, and I don't understand Dutch any more than I understand German (Danish is much more close to Norwegian than either of these). Anyway, this is all written in Danish.

No comments:

Post a Comment