Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A good devotion book? Or a good christian book?

I am looking for a good christian/devotion book. I was wondering what you recommend? I have a lot of books but I am looking for something that is encouraging. Such as encouraging me to follow my dreams as well as help me with my spiritual faith with God. I want a book that will be able to help me follow my dreams in becoming an Anthropologist, because I sometimes neest a spiritual boost. Most women christian books are more about how much God loves us, and while I love those books I want something on the topic of encouraging me to be myself and following my passions and dreams.



Any ideas? Recommendations? It doesn't have to be exactly on the topic of following my dreams, I just want something along the lines of keeping up hope and faith and being myself.A good devotion book? Or a good christian book?
Try the Tao Te Ching by Lau Tzu. Not a "Christian" book but it is definitely one of the most inspiring ever written and it is only 81 stanzas ( a very easy read). You'll detect teachings of virtually every religion in these verses that were written 600 to a 1000 years before Christ.



You will likely make this a companion to you for the rest of your life. Enjoy!
The Holy BibleA good devotion book? Or a good christian book?
The Confessions by Augustine is always good.
It might sound childish to you, but the Chronicles of Narnia are excellent parables, penned by the Evangelical C.S Lewis. You won't regret borrowing a huge, entire series book - a book that contains the entire series between the cover and back.



Jesus bless you.A good devotion book? Or a good christian book?
depends on your needs, i have a devotion book for students called "The Grad's Guide To Time With God"
The Bible (I read the King James Version) is the only "book" that you should follow in your daily walk with God. It gives us examples of how we should live and what we should believe. And what God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit is all about in the NT.



Other people have written books on things that you want help with. Try to get self help books written by true Christian men and women. Some of these are Charles Stanley, Tim Lahaye, Billy Graham, Jesse Duplantis, John Hagee, and Benny Hinn and Marilyn Hickey.
Have you tried Joel Osteen "Your best life now." I find him very motivating and uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment