Saturday, February 18, 2012

What is the best christian book to read on the end times?

I am a newish Christian but I know nothing abut the end times/rapture/Armageddon etc.

Please could you tell me a decent book to read on the subject.

I know its a massive topic and everyone will probably tell it from a different viewpoint.

I however am looking for something that's very simple (if it can be;)

Im no good with history or politics so when it comes to world affairs I would be starting from scratch:(((

I also really need to find the exact scriptures to try and piece all the evidence together for myself.

It must be in line with the bible.

Many thanks!What is the best christian book to read on the end times?
Congratulation , you got some very admirable interests . Try oldies but goodies :

Revelation of st John

2 nd Tessallonians

and especially Daniel prophecy from 8 chapter fwd. ( 11 %26amp; 12 chapter got everything u`ll need )



reading is not enough , ask for guidance , pray for wisdom , and get ready for a major mindblow .
I would read the book of Matthew where Jesus clearly states that the generation he was speaking to would not pass before all these things were done. That was almost 2,000 years ago, so I don't think you have much to worry about.What is the best christian book to read on the end times?
We also touched on this subject today at church. We read Matthew 24 ~The destruction of the temple and signs of the end times. It is the first time I have looked at this subject in the Bible.
While you're waiting, this is a good place to begin:



http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/Revelatio鈥?/a>What is the best christian book to read on the end times?
Read the bible especially Revelation and ask your minister for help.
A fascinating question. Even one that i have probed into for the past couple of weeks. Some savvy people can state you had better be careful when asking a question such as this one.
Revelations.

But all are important, so we will be close to God when the time comes.
Armageddon will be over by the time we get you up to speed.
You should seek for God to show you and not man.



Therefore you will need to restrict yourself to the Bible.



Only Christ opens the Scriptures. It is the Holy Spirit Who is the Teacher and man cannot replace Him.

But if you listen to men you will preclude, or at the very least obscure, His leading and teaching.





I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.











For example one has posted about the generation Christ was speaking to but is apparently blind to the fact that generation is still with us because Christ was talking of the Jews.



You see you will be misled by men, but God is true and only He reveals what the Scriptures mean.





But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.





Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.





Scripture unlocks Scripture and until you have a good knowledge of all the Scriptures how can the Spirit bring you to understand what they show?





Until then men will seriously mislead you with their own ideas. Especially the so called 'teachers' in the churches. You will find they all contradict each other anyway and people divide to follow them so proving them all to be carnal - And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?



Christ calls you to follow Him and He will show you what you need and what you ask Him.



If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.





Again,



I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
Books by Barry Rumsey Smith like Warning and Better than Nostradamus are great! Also books by Tim LeHaye are highly recommended. You may wish to also tune into Rory and Wendy Apocolypse and the end times on God tv if you are in the UK they have some excellent Christian guests on their shows eg Mark Hitchcock. I have just read a book by him called 2012 The Bible and the End of the World. He is also the author of When the world goes cashless the antichrist isnt far behind and The Late Great United States.



A lot of the end time stuff does involve politics etc as the antichrist will be the world leader, when we get the one world government! Rev13v7. However, I have found Barry Smith explains things simply and in a way that even I can understand!!



I would recommend some of these books too to Tuppence. She is one of the most liked and sincere and dear JWs on this site, and in many of our prayers! Although the JWs call themselves Christians they believe a different gospel to the orthodox Christianity and also they believe in a different Jesus too. With the greatest of respect to this lovely lady Tuppence, I would not advise you to get involved with the JWs as you may find yourself very confused.



:)
"The Pre-Wrath Rapture of the Church"

by Marvin J. Rosenthal

From a respected missions director, this book offers a well reasoned but controversial look at the end times. If you question the traditional views of the Tribulation, this is a good book to read. Mr. Rosenthall holds to all of the fundamentals of the Christian faith, and even if you do not agree with all of his conclusions, you will learn a lot about what the Bible says about end time events.



or the "Three Views on the Rapture: Pre; Mid; Or Post-Tribulation? (Counterpoints)"

by Gleason L. Archer (Editor), Paul D. Feinberg, Douglas J. Moo, Retter, Pual D. Feinberg (Contributor), Richard R. Reiter (Contributor)

Three Trinity Evangelical Divinity School professors present their premillennnialist views on when the rapture will occur - before, during, or after the tribulation. Paul D. Feinberg argues the pre-tribulation position. Gleason L. Archer presents the mid-tribulation position. Douglas J. Moo holds the post-tribulation view. Richard Reiter gives a historical overview.
Escape the Coming Night by David Jeremiah. People get ready...Jesus is coming!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLgOAq29d鈥?/a>

Lord Im ready now

Im waiting for Your triumphant return

Youre coming so soon

This world has nothing for me

I find my peace and joy solely in You

Only in You

I want the world to see that

Youre alive and living well in me

Let me be a part of the harvest

For the days are few

Hes coming soon



People get ready Jesus is comin

Soon well be going home

People get ready Jesus is coming

To take from the world His own



There will be a day

When we will be divided right and left

For those who know Him

And those who do not know

Those who know Him well

Will meet Him in the air

Hallelujah

God is with us

Those who do not know

They will hear "Depart, I knew you not"

For my friends you see

There will be a day when well be counted

So know Him well, know Him well



People get ready Jesus is comin

Soon well be going home

People get ready Jesus is coming

To take from the world His own

People get ready Jesus is comin

Soon well be going home

People get readyJesus is coming

To take from the world His own
There are none by definition, since the "end times" are just nonsense.
Karen, I felt very much like you at one time! Now, however, I feel so much better because of the bible and the society I belong to.



I happen to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I can say with full confidence that we have what you are looking for.



In fact, it is such a shame you did not go to one of our meetings today for we had a special talk all about this very subject!



To be honest, Karen, to try and do this yourself, is like trying to find a needle in a haystack! You are much better having a bible study with one of my spiritual sisters, this way, you can do it gradually and gain a deeper understanding.



Without trying to put fear around, it is MOST important that you are in the know because we really are very near the time of Armageddon.



If you look in the book of Daniel, you will find that he talks about a figure made up of several different materials. Well, we are at the feet end right now! So this is why I urge you to study. If you go into our official website, at: www.watchtower.org - all you have to do is fill in an online form and a sister will come around and study with you.



I truly think, Karen, that you will find what you are searching for with our publications.



You are, of course, most welcome to contact me.



I sincerely wish you to take up this offer.



ps I just want to verify that we ARE christians! You can ask anything you want and I/we will do all we can to give you the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment