Saturday, February 18, 2012

Reasking question, writing a Christian book, what genre is it?

I am working on a book, I don't know what to label it as though. I orignally assumed Christian Romance: Fiction.



It tells the story of mine and my wife's life together and seperatly. Of how we met, fell and love, and how we grew in Christ.

It revolves alot around our long distance relationship while I was in the Army, and how God kept us strong through it.

It also has alot of text about our seperate lives between our first meeting, and then second before I went into the army, and we got married.



It's based off of us, but also adding alot of fiction in it

I hope this helps, what do you think of a Genre for it?Reasking question, writing a Christian book, what genre is it?
Yes this would be realistic fiction: Christian Romance. Or Christian Romance: Realistic Fiction.
That would be christian fiction. It's a genre unto itself, with a number of publishers catering directly to that market.In a christian bookstore, it might be considered romance.Reasking question, writing a Christian book, what genre is it?
I would think contemporary as romance usually has a female lead.
Christian Romance or Christian Fiction. Romance novels are considered fiction.Reasking question, writing a Christian book, what genre is it?
Like the Bible, that would be fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment