Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Certainly I am not the only Christian who really hates the book of Job?

Or are you like ok so since Job did this and that I am supposed to react the same?Certainly I am not the only Christian who really hates the book of Job?
I like every book of the bible , they tie into each other and makes perfect sense
You are suppose to react the same way as Job did because he was a very holy man that God rewarded because he was the most loyal person to God living on the Earth at the time.



Every person is going to be tested in faith, Job had the worst of it, however, God will never allow anything that will be overwhelming. Pray for help if you feel it is.Certainly I am not the only Christian who really hates the book of Job?
Job shows God's willingness to torture humans for no purpose. Being omniscient, he would know that Job would remain faithful. The only reason the actually do so is to cause suffering.



It also shows that God thinks we are interchangeable. He kills Job's wife and kids, but expects him to be fine with new ones later. Eh, so what my wife and children were killed, I've got new ones!
I kind of like the book of Job. It faces some really tough questions head on. Does God deserve our love and worship just because of who he is, or do we demand that he pay us for it? Does God's love for us guarantee an easy life? If not, why should we trust him? If bad things can happen to good people, why be good? I won't bore you with a bunch of others. I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying.



You know, if you read Job carefully you'll find that he doesn't just passively accept what's happening to him. Far from it. He argues, complains, yearns for death, and accuses God of being unjust. I doubt the folks who tell you to be like Job have this stuff in mind, though. Job comes within a hair's breadth of doing exactly what the Satan said he would do, stopping just short of actually cursing God.



As I said, I like Job. I see a lot of myself in him.



peaceCertainly I am not the only Christian who really hates the book of Job?
I think its a story going in to the extreme. It took me along time to be at peace with the story of Job, because I kept thinking, if God let Satan kill all my children, whom I think are irreplaceable, how could I call Him a good God. Some how it came to my attention how little this life is compared to the bigger picture of eternity. We are very quick to put our body and our family and even our possessions before or above God. Job did not. This is the example we should lead and keep in mind.



Its hard for me to trust God with even the simplest of things. Much less lay down my entire life in His hands and say "Its Yours to do as You will.". So I know how you feel. I'm a work in progress.
I like the Book of Job. Job's a good guy. The Old Testament is all poetry and whatnot; the New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is where it's at.
You have to love Job because in spite of all the hardships that God allowed to fall upon him, he still remained faithful to God, he was a true hero
The bible is fiction. Really bad fiction.
Let's not be hypocrites and liars.

Let's do good and repent of our sins.
I love the book of Job.
I love the book of Job.
Doesn't Job lose everything but still loves god? I think that's the gist of the story. Why do you hate it?
  • mini countryman
  • harcourt math
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment